See which communities DARE visited in your state
Hear audio samples that demonstrate the rich variety of American language.
Do you know a toot from a tush hog? Take our quiz and find out!
DARE chief editor Joan Houston Hall discusses the five-decades-long project.
DARE in the media
- What is your favourite word? Jul 7, 2016 | ABC (Australia)
- Yinz, youse, and y’all Jan 19, 2016 | Columbia Journalism Review
- Droppin’ the U (and G): The Pacific Northwest Accent, Analyzed Dec 28, 2015 | The Corvallis Advocate
- Digital ‘DARE’ Update: Half-Price Holiday Special Dec 14, 2015 | The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Updating the Dictionary of American Regional English Dec 1, 2015 | WISC-TV
- More »